- About the region
- Investment projects
- Government support
The Rostov region has a number of competitive advantages that create prerequisites for attracting investments and successful progressive development.
The main ones are:
The investment policy of the region is being built in accordance with the Investment Development Strategy of the Rostov Region until 2030, as well as the State Program of the Rostov Region "Economic Development and Innovative Economy".
The Rostov region was among the first subjects of the Russian Federation to adopt the regional law "On support of investment activities in the territory of the Rostov region" in early 1998. The adoption of this law marked the beginning of the formation of the legislative framework of the region, aimed, first of all, at creating a favorable environment for the development of a competitive business focused on the stringent requirements of the world market, strengthening the financial position of the real sector of the economy, while providing the budget system with stable income sources.
Investment legislation is in force in the region, which provides a whole range of preferences for potential investors. The basis of the investment legislation of the region is formed by the following documents:
The most relevant for investors are such areas of support for investment activities as:
1. Granting benefits for taxes on profits and property of organizations. Provided to investors carrying out investment activities in the Rostov region, for the payback period of the investment project, but not more than five years, including:
- on the property tax of organizations in the amount of 1.1% (organizations implementing investment projects with a capital investment of 300 million rubles or more are exempt from paying corporate property tax);
- on corporate income tax (the tax rate is set at 13.5% (12.5% for 2017-2020biennium) regarding the amounts of tax credited to the regional budget.
2. Granting subsidies to reimburse part of the cost of paying interest on loans received for the implementation of investment projects.
3. Granting subsidies to reimburse part of the costs for the creation of capital construction of engineering infrastructure, which are an integral part of the investment project, and (or) their connection (technological connection) to engineering systems of electricity, gas, water supply and wastewater disposal.
The formation of the legal framework in the investment sphere is based on the principles of unconditional compliance of regional legislation with Russian. This makes it possible to consolidate funds from budgets of all levels for solving the most important, priority tasks of both regional and federal significance.
Foreign investments on the territory of the region enjoy full and unconditional legal protection. Foreign investors have the right to invest capital in all sectors of the economy, to engage in all types of activities, with the exception of industries and industries, types of activities and territories of the region, on investment in which restrictions are imposed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.